Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a superstor ultra water indirect water heater model…

Customer Question
I have a superstor...

I have a superstor ultra water indirect water heater model #SSu-30 it is about 3 years old and seems to consistently not be heating our shower water sink gets luke warm but not hot and shower does not get warm at all

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I bought the condo in late june has been consistent since i bought it previous owner had it serviced but didn't think they experienced the same issues i tried to take a shower this morning and tonight both were not freezing cold but cold

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
10/3/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, if this behavior came on gradually and got worse in the last 6 months, it is about 90% likely that hard water scale has built up inside the units heat exchanger and that it needs to be flushed with white vinegar.

.

click here for a video,

.

Rate this answer please, after that we can continue for up to 3 days, with unlimited training and coaching as needed.

Use the 'finish and rate your expert link' it is near the top of your page, click on it.

I will hold the question open to you.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... 56 years in this business. Last 20 consulting for major firms nationally. 98.4% satisfaction rating on Just Answer.

.

Attach a close up. *exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door … and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions, then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

The companies phone call offers are optional.