Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Do you know how to clear error codes on an eterna brand

Customer Question
Do you know how...

Do you know how to clear error codes on an eterna brand tankless water heater? It's E27 is the code

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

Couple years. No codes since I've been there

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
10/2/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, turn power off to the water heater, wait 15 minutes, turn power back on, that will eleiminate the error code IF there is nothing else wrong.

If you get me the brand name and model number of the water heater I will be able to pull the manual and tell you what the error code is all about.

We can go from there.

Eternal is the brand, model gu145

Thanks,

Answer

click here for the manual please. see page 49 near bottom of page for error E27 mixing valve, check wiring attached,

Those have been a problem since they were built, the company has since gone out of business.

.

If you want me to spend a few hours coaching you repair options, rate that answer positively, we can go from there.

.