Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My hot water faucet appears to have been stripped, wouldn't…

Customer Question
My hot water faucet...

My hot water faucet appears to have been stripped, wouldn't turn off. Shut off water to the house, but there is still water dripping in my shower from the spout....can't get it to stop...?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Happened this morning after my shower. Couldn't get the water to stop. As I said, we turned off the water to the house from the main cutoff. It's dripping pretty badly, is it just the water lines draining?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, have a warranty service, called, and of course no one is working on Sunday.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where could this water be coming from if it is cut off at the main cut off valve?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/1/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Open a faucet and drain the pressure off. Once the pressure is off the dripping should stop.

all have been opened & drained....yet the one in the tub keeps dripping, warm water...won't turn off or on, stripped I'm guessing...still dripping. just catching the water & putting it in empty gallon jugs
I can't spend the money for a phone call...if you can't help...I understand.
Guess that's it then...

It's likely the water trapped in the line to that faucet is what's dripping out but it shouldn't be gallons unless you're drainingi the water heater.
The call rpompt is automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here.

reconnect with rick please
what will happen if is draining the water heater?
are you still there?