Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a bradford water heater. MITW50L6BN12 It won't light…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a bradford White water heater. MITW50L6BN12 It won't light and the pilot light is out. The fan just runs continuously.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Noticed we didn't have hot water yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Once every two months i need to cycle the the on off switch on the controller to get it to light and heat water. But I always had a pilot light going, not this time.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
10/1/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Check the draft pressure switch (see pic for typical)on top of the unit. Is the tubing connected to it kinked blocked or have water in it? is the exhaust clear and free of debris?

Also make sure the tubng is connected to the fan housing

everything is good with both things.

Try connecting the 2 leads on the draft switch together. If that doesn't work Is the LED on the ignition module on or off?

My water heater is an 04 model. there are no LED on the controller. Are the leads in the fan housing? Not finding any on outside of the unit.

The leads on the switch with the hose you checked earlier. Do you have a multi-meter?

ok found them. yes i have a multi meter.

Did you connect them the fan swithc leads together? If so and nothing happens trace the lease to the thermodisk temp switch on the fan housing. If it doesn't have a reset button jump it out

Do you have more questions?