Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a GE water tank heater, and the pilot light went…

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE water tank heater, and the pilot light went out, and it won't ignite now. My husband says there isn't even a spark.... so I was trying to find out if this is something we can easily fix ourselves or need to have professionals do it. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It's been out a few days.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's relatively simple...my husband does a lot of 'fix it's' around the house (air conditioner last year) so trying to find out if he could do this one

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/28/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 10 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you upload a pic of the gas control valve???