Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Plumbing expert. I'd like your objective feedback on the…

Customer Question
Hello, plumbing expert. I'd like...
Hello, plumbing expert. I'd like your objective feedback on the price that I past last week for servicing of my home water heater. The heater is maybe 8 or 9 years old. I'm sure sure of the brand, but I think we bought it at Sears (a middle of the range quality.) It has worked fine, and we've done no servicing since it was installed. Last Thurs the pilot went out, and I didn't want to relight it myself. (Gas scares me!) Since I needed to have someone come out anyway, I decided to do a routine inspection & servicing.The company says that they are licensed, and their invoice shows a CA license number, and I have no reason to doubt that. But the price they charged seemed really high. The technician was here for 45 or 50 minutes. Apart from talking directly with me both before & after, he was actually working for about 35 minutes. I'd appreciate your opinion on whether the money I paid ($459) is w/in the reasonable range...or maybe "a bit on the high side"...or outrageous. I honestly have no idea. Here are details:The invoice did not show a line-item pricing. Only a total was given at bottom of the invoice: $459. The 3 items described were: 1)V-cum WH core, 2)T-Sensor Replaced, and 3)Drain/Flush.I should mention that I live in the Bay Area, because I know that all prices on ALL PRODUCTS & SERVICES are higher here than any national or regional averages! Is there any other info that I can give you t help you address my question?Greg, in San Rafael, CA
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Did I lose you or did you lose me? I posted my question about 40 minutes ago,&'the system gave me an estimated wait time of about 14 minutes., Honestly not complaining. Just don't know if I should keep waiting or discontinue.?
Well, I have been on this call for a a full hour now, almost exactly an hour.. I've received no answer or response from a person, only a system message generated early on in the process saying "The home improvement expert is working on your question and will respond on this page and via email." But I haven't received any response, neither on this page nor by email. I really need to go to bed now = I won't be live, online, to follow-up any more tonight. Please leave me your best and most detailed answer either on this message chain or by email (*****@******.***). If I have further questions, I will follow up in the morning. Thank you.
9/26/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 10 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Price is high for the Bay areas. Just about any place else it would be outrageous. I'm assuming this work was done during regular business hours.

Rick,I cannot reply until Thursday. Does your/JustAnswer system allow us to keep open this conversation until I can reply to you & you can follow up? I don't want to have to start a new "question" process.Greg

The thread will stay open at least until Thursday

I seem to be having problems with the just ask system. I will phoned. Customer service & see what is going on. If I lose my money on this question,I lose it & learn something. If the. Ompanym an help resolve, great. This is not a. Omplaint about your response (albeit terse response) to my opening question.

Sorry about your difficulties. Here is contact info for customer support. I only answer plumbing questions. Site realted issues are for customer support
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help (###) ###-####

email *****@******.***