Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am working on a home with a TP-18 reverse osmosis system.

Customer Question
I am working on...

I am working on a home with a TP-18 reverse osmosis system. When the water is turned on it folws for a few seconds then quits. What can I try?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It started sveral months ago and after a few seconds there is no water flow.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 day by:
9/24/2017
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 10 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

M​ost likely you have a blockage in the system somewhere. There is enough water filling up and pressurizing the system, until water is called for, then the pressure releases (trickles) but doesn't keep flowing. This blockage could be anywhere and the only way you are going to find it is by disconnecting specific parts until you get a constant uninterrupted water flow. I would start at the shut off valve and make sure it is not blocked or broken, then connect a couple of parts and see if the water still flows, if so those parts are not the problem. Keep doing that until you locate the restriction/blockage and then you can make the necessary repairs.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today as well as trying to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question.

All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information that you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way of communicating, since either of us may have some additional information or questions that may be necessary in resolving the problem you are experiencing, also uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice, and recommendations.

However, if you feel I have not been very helpful or the answer I provided was not what you were expecting, then please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POORLY (1 or 2 stars), it is best for both of us if you just ask me again to continue looking for more information or another possible solution. If I am unable to provide a better response, I can OPT OUT of your question, which will open it up for another expert that might be able to provide more assistance on this issue. Keep in mind that once I have been rated, it does not end our conversation. You can always come back later and ask me a follow up question, if you believe it has relevance on this issue. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that there is only do so much I can do from my computer and I may not be able to help you resolve or fix this problem, especially if it becomes apparent that a qualified service provider should be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and has the required tools to make the necessary repairs.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?