How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1127
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Sloan Flushmate m-101526-f tank in my toilet. It

Customer Question

I have a Sloan Flushmate m-101526-f tank in my toilet. It seems to have sprung a leak on the side of the tank. Is there any way to patch this? What would be the new replacement tank model as this seems to be discontinued?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the tank itself is leaking you can't fix it. To spec a tank replacement (if one is available) requires a brand and model of the toilet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
American Standard 6.0 Lpt / 1.6 Gal
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Does it look like this tank (shape)

If it does then scroll down the page to the 800 number and call American Standard tomorrow.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has nothing to do with the porcelain toilet. It is the internal tank called Sloan Flushmate m-101526-f tank that has been discontinued. I can't figure out what the replacement for that tank is.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You still need to contact American Standard for the appropriate replacement. It's usually easier to just replace the entire (porcelain) tank.