Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Plumber Toilette bowl in my home, first it was kind of

Plumber Toilette bowl in my home...
Plumber
Toilette bowl in my home , first it was kind of moving when someone would seat, i noticed left bolt was lose. So i tightened it ... 5 days later we are back to square one..
Do i need to buy something? Like a kit!! Or what to do? Please advise
9/21/2017
attyadvisor

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me your legal question?

It is not a legal question. It is for a plumber i need to fix toilet
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to pull the toilet off the floor and reset it. It's possible the flange that the bolts at the floor hook into is broken. You'll need closet bolts, and a wax ring. Here's a kit with both
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-Johni-Ring-Reinforced-with-Bolts-Toilet-Wax-Ring/3956163

Do you need further instructions?

Great thank you very much

You're welcome. Not clear if you're all set or need further instructions.

O guess i will take it out and figure it out on the way back in, I never done it before... if u got instructions i take them

First turn off the water supply to the toilet. Then disconnect the supply tube connected to the bottom of the tank. Next sponge or bail out the water in the tank and the bowl. Then back the nuts off the (closet) bolts at the floor, then lift the toilet off the floor and set it on its back so you can get to the bottom. Scrape the old wax off the bottom of the bowl and the flange at the floor. Then remove the old bolts and insert the new bolts centered in the slots in the flange. Next put the new wax on the bottom of the bowl. Make sure the bowl is dry and that the new wax ring adheres to the bowl. Then lift the bowl (some water might come out) and set it over the bolts. Tighten down the nuts with the plastic trim cap retainer down first and the metal washer on top. The nuts should be tight enough so the bowl doesn't move. Then reconnect the supply tube, turn the water on and flush it a couple times to be sure nothing leaks out at the floor.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor