Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My bathroom faucet handles turn too far. Is there a way to…

Customer Question
My bathroom faucet handles...

My bathroom faucet handles turn too far. Is there a way to tighten them?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has been gradually getting worse for the past few months. NOw they turn at different angles

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
9/21/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Tightening the handles isn't likely to help. Chances are the valve stems are worn out and will ave to be replaced to fix this. You'll need the brand and model of the faucet to get the right parts or if the faucet is old or the brand inkonwn or obscure replacing the faucet may e your only option.