Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I have just returned from holiday and have no hot water -

I have just returned from holiday and have no hot water - please can someone help!

Hello I need the brand and model number of your hot water heater and the photo's mentioned below, I will mark those with trouble shooting instructions and coach you without any time limits.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the water heater service access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The boiler is a Burnham Model No: 207NS-TEI5
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wiring Diagram - I hope you can make it out!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There were some strange noises coming from the boiler earlier!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you going to be able to help me with this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pics

Hello again, it was good talking to you on the phone, stay in touch, there are no time limits.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good Morning Phil - thanks for help your help last night. My friend has just been and it appears the major problem was there was a lot of air in the system because the air vent assembly had failed. The air has been vented and we will replace the air vent assembly. So at least we are up and running again! All the best, Paul

Good work!