Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My kitchen sink water pressure had dropped after I made a…

My kitchen sink water...

My kitchen sink water pressure had dropped after I made a change to the drain pipe plumbing in the wall behind the sink

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since the change was made

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What type of kitchen faucet do you have?

a typical one with hot and cold, it has a spray nozzle built into the faucet stem. There is a long hose on it that connects under the sink.

Ok did you clean out the aerator on the end of the faucet spout?

no, not sure how to, it is a spray nozzle type
would changing the height of the loop over the drain pipes have an impact on pressure? That is what I did. I coulud send you a picture.

So you have a pullout spray instead of a spout? If so remove the head from the hose and clean the screen at that connection. Also check the flow from the hose with the head off. Drain and vent piping is completely unrelated to this problem. Don't need pics yet

I took the spray nozzle apart and I found an area that appears plugged up. But the hose has slipped down inside the base. It will take me some time to get it accessible again.

I'm logging off for the night soon. If you have good flow out of the hose with the head removed and cleaning the head doesn't work you'll need to replace the head. If you have more questions and don't get back in time I'll respond in the morning. If you don't have any more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating. The thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably

thanks for your help. It was the head being plugged up. I cleaned it out put it back together and it works great now.

You're welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor