Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Having some issues with my hot water heater, There was a bit…

Having some issues with my...
Having some issues with my hot water heater, There was a bit of a flood and the water covered the lower area but did not come near the controls at tall.
he unit does not want to start, I have changed out the thermocouple with no success. It has been operating and quitting after about a week and now will not start at all. I would have to think this is the gas value having some sort of problem. After changing out the thermocouple what else could be the issue?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

You are the right track other than thermocouple it has to be the gas valve.

Does the pilot stay lit?

no

How old is the heater?

2 to 3 years

Honeywell gas valve with plastic cover? Silverfish with red knob? If so does the LED flash

I will have to go and check it's in my guest house.

If it fits the discrimination then light the pilot, hold button down 60 seconds then rotate knob to the "A" setting. If pilot goes out count the LED flashes between pauses

Anything else?

No it's the gas valve

That's what I was afraid of. Ready to rate me?

Yup

Okay, Thank you for using JustAnswer

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber