Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a tankless water heater and it acts like it is not…

Customer Question
I have a tankless...

I have a tankless water heater and it acts like it is not sensing the water flow ? there for not coming on.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Passed couple days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If i unplug it and plug it baxk in it works

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
9/18/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, open three hot water taps wide open at once, if the water heater fires we know for sure that the pressure switch is sticking or the that unit is loaded with hard water scale and needs to be flushed.

We can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.