Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our watter was off for a while today & now the cold water…

Customer Question
Our watter was off...

Our watter was off for a while today & now the cold water has lots of sand in it & our hot water side is at a trickle.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just this afternoon.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. I think if I could flush it out that that might solve the problem. The rinnai is working, it just can't seem to get water through it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Advise me on flushing it out?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
9/13/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Remove and clean he screen on the cold inlet fitting on the base of the Rinnai, It's a ap on the side of the fitting. Turn the water off and open a hot (only ) faucet until the flow stops (to releive the pressure. Then unscrew and clean the screen behind the cap.