Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Here is the scenario, a kitchen sink I've already used a…

Customer Question
Here is the scenario...

Here is the scenario, a kitchen sink I've already used a power rod, and ran it down the drain by hand, didn't need to power it up, ran it 50 feet without any problem, BUT still the clog exists, I can only figure the rod line goes through, and when pulled out, the grease is going back in place, and not allowing the sink to clear. This is a kitchen sink, the bathroom plumbing is fine, and this is a mobile/trailer home.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Been a few months, where it did run, but drained slowly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm a qualified plumber, BUT trailer/mobile homes are new to me.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is about it, ran the power rod without resistance, didn't need to power it up, when through that easily

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Plumbing
I already know the sludge is backing up after I pull the rod from the clean-out and leaves the drain still clogged.
9/13/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, there may be an automatic air vent for the sink, inside the sink cabinet, look for that, if you have one its probably not working, we can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

.

.

.

.

.

.

Phone call offers:

I removed it, it is just an empty plastic dome that lifts off of a thread plastic lower piece with a rubber grommet.
The upper part has two slots in it.

Thanks, ***** ***** sticking, remove it and see if the sink flushes OK without the auto vent device attached

If that fails, run a snake though the automatic air vent with its top removed, let me know how that goes

Phil, I lost you. I only got the gibberish below.

Hello again, are you on a smart phone? perhaps with a spotty connection?

Here are my last two responses

I just returned the customer's money, this has to be the worst plumbing crap ever, going to stick with homes, and apartments. Lost a whole day because of this garbage.