David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor
Experience:  Owner at Floridaco
99480491

I have a dripping pfister two handle kitchen faucet (

Customer Question

I have a dripping pfister two handle kitchen faucet ( probably Glenfield F-036-4GF model), and I want to replace the o ring or cartridge; however I can not find out how to remove the handle. I unscrewed the cap on the top of the handle, but here is no Phillips screw or allen screw located anywhere on the handle that I can see. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

Try unscrewing the decorative trim cover directly attached to the handle. The handle and trim should be 1 piece. If the trim will unscrew the entire part will lift off the cartridge.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried that after reading the pfister website directions. The trim and handle are not attached. The trim cover will turn, but it is not connected to the handle, so somehow the handle needs to come off in order to access the cartridge.

Is it a press fit that will lift off?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried two flat head screw drivers underneath the handle, and it did not seem to budge. If you think this will work I could apply a lot more force. After unscrewing the handle cap it exposes a hollow valve stem about 3 inches deep. I can't tell if the handle is splined onto the valve stem. I might just try taking the faucet off the sink. I will let you know how it turns out. I am truly puzzled by this one.

O​nly other thing I can think of is set screws on the side. Only other way I've seen is the handle unscrews and perhaps a screw under it. I will see if I can't locate another way. Do not pry any more, handle will come off easy once the secret is found.

E​verything I am seeing shows the trim unscrewing from the cartridge. Try turning the handle to the open position and then unscrewing the trim. See attached illustrations.

Look under How to section, technical documents, then select kitchen, Glenfield, kitchen, 2 handle

https://www.pfisterfaucets.com/kitchen/product/glenfield-2-handle-kitchen-faucet-f-036-4gfs

p​art 962-042 has inside and outside threads. Inside to secure the cartridge, outside to hold the trim. Try turning the trim and lifting up on the handle. Most likely there is an o-ring type seal that needs to be loosened.

Expert:  David Bowden replied 21 days ago.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Expert:  David Bowden replied 3 days ago.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question? If this information was helpful you can close out this question simply by completing the rating questionnaire when prompted.

If you are still having problems that my response and recommendations were unable to resolve, just let me know and I will continue looking for another possible solution, however I do ask that you please do not complete the rating until I have had a chance to do some further research.

Thanks,

Dave