Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I would like to know what is the minnium depth of sewer line

Customer Question

Hi\
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Hi i would like to know what is the minnium depth of sewer line at house or at street connection
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have a plumber
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the block of land is about 40cm lower then the street then approx level the house may be 40m back from the street
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There is no minimum depth since no water should ever stand in a sewer line it shouldn't freeze. Generally 30 cm of cover is enough to protect it from incidental damage.