Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Working on a solution for a walk in refridge we just built

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - working on a solution for a walk in refridge we just built in our home. Problem - everything is working perfectly however the front of the cooler is Insulated 1/2 glass surrounded by a steel door (with Panes). The door is insulated however we are still getting sweating on the outside of the door. Not good. I'm thinking of using heat tape on the inside of the door to maintain temp around 50-60 degrees so that it doesn't transfer the cold to the outside and then condense. Question: how warm will the heat tape get.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Since we finished it - about a month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, send me a few photo's showing the door and edge of the door and door jam sides and bottom so I can get a better idea of what you need. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get those pictures to me.

Regarding use of heat strips. they come in all wattage range, a 100 watt rated strip, 15' long would not over heat as long as you do not over lap it with itself.

We can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.