Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Had a clogged upstairs toilet bowl fill up and stop running…

Customer Question
Had a clogged upstairs toilet...
Had a clogged upstairs toilet bowl fill up and stop running I let it sit overnight. In the morning toilet was empty no paper or feces. But water was all over the bathroom floor and out into the hallway it leaked through ceiling and to downstairs kitchen. How could a clogged toilet overflow if not running and why would it be empty ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
9/12/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The only explanation (if this is the top floor of a single family home) is that the flapper in the toilet tank is leaking by letting water into the bowl causing the clogged bowl to overflow.

Do you have more questions?