Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Why has the hot water stopped coming in my shower? I have a

Customer Question

Good afternoon, why has the hot water stopped coming in my shower? I have a Kohler K527 controller. The sinks have both hot and cold water. Thank you
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Problem started about 45 days ago. Was intermittent fir a while. Last two weeks had hot water only once in over ten attempts.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. Or at least be able to guide a handy man.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Winter is coming ....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most likely the hot water inlet is blocked on the digital control valve. This is a job for a plumber who is familiar with the valve. It's definitely not a job for a handy man.