Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have one toilet in my house that smells weird. The rest of…

I have one toilet in...
I have one toilet in my house that smells weird. The rest of my toilets, showers and sinks smell good. I've cleaned this toilet with bleach. Flused bleach down, vinegar, baking soda and Drano Max remover down my toilet and still no luck. I even ran vinegar through the tank. It strange to say but it stinks most while peeing in the toilet. What's going on?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Ok

If the bowl has water on it then it needs pulled and reset with a new wax ring.

I was thinking that too. What's causing the smell?

Bad wax ring allows sewer gas to escape into the room

Is the sewer gas harmful? It's been going on for months now

It is methane and usually isn't dangerous in this way because it's not that concentrated

Please leave a 5 star rating

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Thank you
WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber