Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My shower head stopped working. It's a three handle system

Customer Question

My shower head stopped working. It's a three handle system the bathtub still works just not the shower. When I turn it to the shower it stops the water but nothing comes out of the shower. I took off the head and still doesn't work.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Just happened a couple days ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

You probably have a bad diveter in the tub/shower valve/faucet. There's a very slim chance you might be able to find a replacement but I'd recommend replacing the entire valve/faucet (what's in the wall). You can cover the holes in the tile with a cover plate (see attached pic). This plate also allows the plumber to cut a hole big enough to work through so no tile repair should be necessary.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Do you have more questions?