Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My shower head stopped working. It's a three handle system…

Customer Question
My shower head stopped...

My shower head stopped working. It's a three handle system the bathtub still works just not the shower. When I turn it to the shower it stops the water but nothing comes out of the shower. I took off the head and still doesn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just happened a couple days ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
9/9/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

You probably have a bad diveter in the tub/shower valve/faucet. There's a very slim chance you might be able to find a replacement but I'd recommend replacing the entire valve/faucet (what's in the wall). You can cover the holes in the tile with a cover plate (see attached pic). This plate also allows the plumber to cut a hole big enough to work through so no tile repair should be necessary.

Do you have more questions?