Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Experience:  owner of Island Pro-Craft
90350505

I get a water hammer when I turn on the hot water in my

Customer Question

I get a water hammer when I turn on the hot water in my bathroom. Any suggestions?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: About 6 months. Its not earth shaking but constant
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its within my skill set. I'm pretty good at things like this.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

Hi.............there are hammer arresters like this one keep (see below site) in mind there are a few different kinds.......most all will have to be sweated in with a fitting(s)......are you capable of that ? .............does the pipe have an easy access...........I can help you more when you get back to me with more inquiries

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mini-Rester-1-2-in-Copper-Sweat-Straight-Water-Hammer-Arrester-HD660-S/202273962

Thanks

eddie

Expert:  Eddie replied 1 month ago.

I hope you found my answers to your questions helpful and insightful and would consider a positive rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you!

Thanks

eddie