Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a Whirlpool water filtration system under the sink. I

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool water filtration system under the sink. I just bought the home and water was coming out but I wasn't sure if it was clean so I replaced the filters. Now, no water comes out. It is a 2-filter system and I made sure I installed filters in correct slot. Also replaced the battery and confirmed it was working because it flashed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a 2006 model number WHED20
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well, I guess so...what kind of work are we talking about?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I already installed the new filters and new battery. no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  David Bowden replied 1 month ago.

F​rom what your post reads, everything points to no water pressure either from a blockage or something not turned back on. The easiest way to tell is to start before the filter, disconnect the water line get a bucket then turn the shut off valve on, if you have good pressure, reconnect everything and do the same procedure immediately after the filter. You should be able to isolate the problem and then look for what is causing it. This filter system are very straightforward, not much to them for troubleshooting.

Hello… Thank you for using Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

From the information you’ve provided, I will try to find a quick and simple solution to your specific question. All my responses are designed to be helpful, insightful, and any guidance or suggestions are based from the information you have provided on your post above, with the intent of trying to save you time, money, and headaches.

I have found in many cases it has always been better if we can establish an effective way to communicate, since either of us may have additional information or questions, that may be necessary in resolving the problem your experiencing, and uploading clear photos will greatly help us both.

After I have completed my research and provided my response to your question, all I ask in return is that you quickly and favorably complete the 5 Star Rating when it appears, so I may receive full credit for my answer, advice and recommendations. I appreciate your understanding and cooperation of this request.

Please note that I may not be able to resolve this problem, especially if it becomes necessary for a qualified service provider to be contacted to perform additional testing, diagnosing, or troubleshooting.

Is there any additional information you would like to add that was not mentioned before?