Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I've got an odd looking toilet mechanism... Kohler Toilet,

I've got an odd...

I've got an odd looking toilet mechanism... Kohler Toilet, but it doesn't look like the one with a red cap. Instead it has a 1-2 inch mechanism at the bottom that has a screw on the top.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A Couple of Weeks...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'd just like to know what that mechanism is. It's at least 10+ years old and is an "easy sit" toilet.

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/5/2017
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Can you please upload a pic?

Uploaded pic. It's a Kohler Highline 1.6 gal (probably about 12 years old)

Sorry about the delay I had a dog get loose

Just replace it with the Fluidmaster fill valve with the red top. The part you have has been discontinued by the manufacturer

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
That can be a problem... Not like a toilet, but can be a problem. On the top of the part, it has arrows with the words, Higher and Lower... pointing in the opposite direction. There appears to be a set screw, however turning in either direction makes no difference...
Okay, I'll do that. Thanks.
it probably was discontinued due to problems such as what I've been experiencing)... Thanks again.

By the way only use the Fluidmaster its the best

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber