Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We are building our house and our builder will only use

Hi there. We are building...
Hi there. We are building our house and our builder will only use Delta water fixtures / faucets. He says it is because it is because they are the easiest to fix if something goes wrong with a plumber because the inside parts are metal and not plastic . It seems most builders we got quotes from before we decided on our current builder also said they will only use delta faucets. I am on my consumer reports account and reading that they do not even review water faucets anymore because there is not real difference in them anymore. We had Moen brand at our last house we built and lived in for 10 years with no issues except we did replace the kitchen faucet.
I guess is this really true that Delta are the best? Let me know
8/20/2017
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Moen and Delta are good mid range products. They are not the best but are good quality and value. There is little difference quality wise between them.

Why would the builders only want to use Delta?
They all really seem to want to

There may be a local supplier who gives a better deal on Delta. Maybe their plumbng sub-contractors like the brand. Delta does have one practical advantage for installers. They use the same tub/shower rough in valve body for virtually all their styles so that makes product selection less hassle for the builder if the customer doesn't make up their mind in a timely fashion.

What about the comment they made that Delta has metal internal parts vs. other brands having plastic internal parts. Is that true ?

It's nonsense

are their metal parts on the inside of Delta or plastic ?

The comparison is nonsense and irrelevant. It's a simple sales pitch that might convince a customer nothing more. Moen and Delta are both reliable brands and parts are readily available.

you don't know if the inside is plastic or metal ?

It depends on the particular faucet model and makes no difference. For example, There are Moen cartridges (the same cartridge) that are availbe in either brass or plastic. Both do the job.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
I see okay. Thank you !

You're welcome

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor