Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Experience:  Retired mech. contractor, shop owner, 51 yrs experience.
23932409

I have a for spring hybrid water heater and keep getting a

Customer Question

I have a for spring hybrid water heater and keep getting a F20 code. I have checked the drain lines and the pan and they are all clear I even poured water into the pan and it flowed out fine
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Greetings. the water sensor in the drain pan is defective and needs to be cleaned or replaced..

.if cleaning fails, then unplug the drain pan liquid sensor wires from the printed circuit board, if you still get an F20 failure code, jumper the two sensor wires together, if you sill get the F-20 code the printed circuit board is bad

If you do not get the F20 code when the wires are either connected or disconnected from the printed circuit board, then replace the sensor

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.