Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our Rinnai gas heater won't ignite. It is 10 years old and…

Customer Question
Our Rinnai gas heater...

Our Rinnai gas heater won't ignite. It is 10 years old and not been serviced since we bought it.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It started last night when you turn it on the green light comes on for 15 seconds or so and switches off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband has taken off the covers but cannot see what the problem he is wondering if it is the gas filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Or if it is an electronic problem. Can we get to the gas filter to check it?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
8/5/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 11 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician. Do you have a controller that displays temp