Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I need to be able to send 2 pics of a plumbing issue I have

Customer Question

I need to be able to send 2 pics of a plumbing issue I have please. The first picture is of the existing plumbing where the new fixture needs to go. The second picture is the new fixture. My question is do we need to get another fixture or is there an adapter. If so can you direct us on where to purchase the new fixture?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need adapters to comnnect your PEX piping to the new fixture. Since y probbaly don't have a crimping tool for the PEX rings your best bet is push lock ("Sharkbite") adapter fittings

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you be able to send a picture of what the adapter would look like
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

The link below is a typical Sharkbite adapter. You simply push the PEX into the fitting and it locks in place. That's all you have to do to make the connection.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-1-2-in-Brass-Push-to-Connect-x-Male-Pipe-Thread-Adapter-U120LFA/202270505

Bear in mind that the adpater linked above may not the the correct size since there's no way I can tell from your pics what the size would be. The PEX looks like and most likely is 1/2" but the threaded connections I can't say for sure so bring the new valve/fixture to Home Depot or Lowes to get the right adapter. Tell them you have 1/2" PEX.

Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Do you have more questions?