Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Ive change the gas contolorel and hot surface and termocople…

Customer Question
Ive change the gas...

Ive change the gas contolorel and hot surface and termocople together after I plug in the hot water tank it worked for two hours and after that it lokout and no work.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I pushed two botom thogeter and nothing happend

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Plumbing
8/4/2017
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 8 months ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Are you getting an error code?

no
there are two light on

Is the light flashing?

I have pushed two buttom toghter but nothing happend

No spark? Is the light flashing?

this is power vent

Ok, is the light flashing on the gas valve?

the brand is Superflue
there are two lights on
I saw on you tub , he said push two bottom together and reset the valve. I did, but nothing happend

The manual says that if the light is on then the ECO has tripped and the gas valve needs to be replaced. The gas valve does not have a reset.

Here it is on page 15 of the manual click here

this is gasvalve operator
its brand new

How new?

I will send a photo to you if you want

If it is new would it not be covered under the warranty?

Ive changed it

Changed what?

Ive changed gasvalve operator
let me ill send a photo to you

Alright. How old is the water heater?

do you know this brand water heater ?

I have not worked on that particular one, no.

I am happy to opt out and open to other experts if you like.

Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 8 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

Hello, my name is Wade. I can help you if you are still needing assistance

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber