Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I'm back i'm trying to determine where this leak is coming,

I'm back i'm trying to...
I'm back i'm trying to determine where this leak is coming, there is never a sign of dripping water or it being even wet. I ran testing on the floor above and still no water but if I touch the spot it feels colder than other spots along the ceiling that are close by that are not stained does being cold indicate the presence of water
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

That's most likely a bad wax ring or a leak in the pipes

Assuming we are still talking about the toilet

OK I flush the toilet two dozen times today and still no presence of water

Pull the toilet and replace wax ring.

My question is does the fact that it's cold mean there's a presence of water
It's cold but not wet

Cold in of itself doesn't mean water leak however that and the water line does. Drill small 1/4" holes that you can patch later. See if water comes out.

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber