Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have Rinnai R85 and started flashing error code 12..we…

Customer Question
We have Rinnai R85...

We have Rinnai R85 and started flashing error code 12..we had all lines checked, propane tank regulator replaced and the gasket connecting lines replaced ....all worked ok but now error code 10 flashing and either code is now appearing every few days....plumber said time to replace?

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

About 9 yrs and messages gradually started about 6 months ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it, should I replace as prices for new are reasonable

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
8/2/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 11 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician. When was the last time you. Had the burner assembly and heat exchanger cleaned?