Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Water went cold. Is the priority light supposed to be on?

Customer Question
Water went cold....

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just in the last few hours. Have plenty of propane and electric circuit seems ok.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its easy enough

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have airbnb guests that would really like showers

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
8/2/2017
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 6 months ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Does the water heater also have a circulation pump?

It's a rannai rl75

Is there a pump? How old is the water heater?

Are you not familiar with this on demand water heater?
5 years old

Yes I am. If there is a circulation system then there is a pump. This gets you instant hot water so you do not have to wait. So, is there a pump?

Are you getting low flow when running the hot water taps or is it full flow but just cold?

I am going to open this question to other experts. Be sure to join the chat when you get a response. There will be more information requested.

Plumber: Elliott Oxton, Plumber replied 6 months ago
Elliott Oxton
Elliott Oxton, Plumber
Good day, My name is ***** ***** I gave been a gas engineer for over 18 years. I am confident I can assist you today. I'm sorry that you are having this issue especially as you have guests at your house. I will do my best to help you quickly.Can I ask a couple of questions to help us determine the source of the issue:1. Is the heater displaying any error codes?
2. Can you hear the heater trying to start up?
3. Can you hear a fan running and clicking noises when you turn the hot tap on?This should be a good start to finding out the issue.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.Warm regards
Elliott
Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber