Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Bosch aquastar 240fx tankless water heater fires up 3 times…

Customer Question
Bosch aquastar 240fx tankless...

Bosch aquastar 240fx tankless water heater fires up 3 times after turning on hot water, then shuts off and flashes led.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just started after being away for 3 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I removed the cover for the flame sensors and cleaned them with no change. the exhaust is clear and I blew out the burner area to make sure it was clean. The flame is a nice clean blue through the window when it ignites. The intake screen for the water is clean.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Plumbing
7/31/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Could be a faulty flow sensor. Here's the service bulletin to test and/or replace it

https://www.bosch-climate.us/files/201109161819040.TWH-TK-23_cleaning_and_replacing_flow_sensor.pdf