Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Still having trouble with 2007 Master Spa Legacy Hot Tub.

Customer Question
New Heater New Circuit Board New Topside...
Still having trouble with 2007 Master Spa Legacy Hot Tub. New Heater
New Circuit Board
New Topside Control
Bled the pumps to relieve air lockThe hot tub ran for about two minutes...but I did not get the full jet movement even with jets one and two on.Now I get a flashing OHH code, hot tub won't run and clearly the water temperature in the tub is no more than 50 degrees Farenheit. Could this be due to the dipswitch settings? What could be the problem since these are new parts?Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Plumbing
7/30/2017
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 9 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, please attach a close up and exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram for that unit here using the 'add files' link next to your send button, I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

.We can go from there.

Hi Phil,Ok. I will attach the diagrams. Please read my current assessment of the problems below.Currently, Jet one is not working. Even though the top control has the jet one light on. There is no water movement. Then when I touch the Jet one button a second time, for the higher speed of jet one there is a "not normal" loud noise that sounds like something is grinding.Jet two is working. For the first time in a long time.I think I bled the pump properly according to the instructions a previous just answer expert offered. Are you able to see my previous question and answers for this hot tub on this just answer site?I guess a really good question is---Is there only one pump or two pumps on my 2007 legacy enterprise hot tub. Because I only see one pump and I am not sure where the other one would be if there is more than one pump.Access is very difficult. The hot tub is sunk into my deck and I have access to the side that has the heater, circuit board, topside control and what I believe to be the pump. The other three sides are currently not accessible.So issue number one is jet one is not working but jet two is.The second issue is this brand new topside control does not seem to be talking properly to the brand new circuit board.
Which brings about these questions.
What jack/portal should the topside control be plugged into, the top one or the bottom one on the circuit board, I have tried both and both give me problems.
Then what should be the dipswitch settings for 1 through 10. This was something that I asked in my previous question and I still don't know if we have this right. Hopefully the wiring and dipswitch diagrams attached will help you help me.
However, the topside control does not seem to be working properly. I cannot set the temperature. The "Cooler" button does not allow me to select a cooler temperature.
Then throughout the day of troubleshooting, I received the following codes in no particular order.OHH Flashing
OHS Flashing
DR Flashing
SnS (Maybe Sensor) but it looks like 5n5Then the temperature display does not match the actual temperature. I have seen the display go from 103 to 104 to 105 to 106 to 107 to 108 to 109 all within a minute and the water in the tub is cold to the touch....no more than 40 degrees farenheit.Again, I do not know if these topside control problems are related to jack/portal dipswitch settings or both.In summary, jet one does not operate where water moves at speed one or two.
Jet two does operate.
Topside control does not function properly, incorrect temp reading, not able to lower temp, not able to set temp.Again, the new parts are:Heater,
Topside control
Circuit board.Thank you for your help!

Thanks, they only show one pump.

Replace both temperature sensors as shown on the 'wiring diagram' click here please

.

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.....rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All onthe same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt,shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door andI will mark it up with troubleshooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo tome.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer,if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Hi Phil,The two sensors are brand new. They came attached to the new heater.Thank you

That is the best I can do. The company had not glued an actual wiring diagram to the unit, they called it a wiring diagram but it is not, it shows no wire connections, just the component lay out on the printed circuit board and dip switch settings but not the needed information to trouble shoot beyond that level.

I will opt out... lets see if any of our other experts here want to tackle this

Good luck with it.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.