Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My Moen single head shower knob was hard to turn for a while

Customer Question

Hi, my Moen single head shower knob was hard to turn for a while and now it will not turn at all. Can you tell me what likely needs to be repaired or replaced? Thank you
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I noticed the hardness a few months ago, and it stopped altogether today
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depending upon what is involved
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This unit was replaced less than two years ago and had been working fine up until this time
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Not sure with those have to do with the handle not turning
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The valve cartridge (its working mechanism) is what you need to replace. If you want specifics (part # etc) I need the model number of the valve.