Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

I have a model # 42up40sfw water heater that the vent turns

Customer Question

I have a model # 42up40sfw water heater that the vent turns on the start light the burner for about 4 seconds ,then shut off ...is there an air filter to clean out for this model?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The thermostat's preset ..I don't know where the filter are .the lights that are lite are warm-A-B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that is all.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What you descibe usually indcates a flame rectification(sensing) issue. This is usually caused by a dirty of faulty flame sensor. I can't be more specific since your model number doesn't come up in a search