Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

Trying to remove the handle on a Kohler Fairfax single

Customer Question

Trying to remove the handle on a Kohler Fairfax single handle bathroom faucet (2003 vintage). No set screw on the body, just a single philips head screw in the top (under the button). It's not moving and I don't want to force it, but I'd like to pull out and replace the valve as it's starting to get tough to turn.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: starting getting tough to turn within the last year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

That screw under the top cap is what secures the handle to the stem. Sounds like the handle is seized up which is pretty common. You'll probably need a handle puller to get it off. If you don't have one you can try PB Blaster (at Lowes & HD) oe white vinegar to try and disolve what's causing it to seize.

Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Do you have more questions?