Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Shower drain is backing up with water. Flushed toilet and…

Customer Question
Shower drain is backing up...
Shower drain is backing up with water. Flushed toilet and toilet overflowed a bit. Used green gobbler pacs in toilet and shower drain. Toilet when flushed started backing up water in shower. Used a hand held cobra auger (1/4 inch and 25 ft long) today and reached the end of the snake. Didn't get anything (clog) when reeled snake back up. Toilet now flushes but shower drain still backing up when shower is run for 5 minutes. How do I fix it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
7/9/2017
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

If water backs up in the shower when you flush the toilet then you have a main line stoppage. The main will have to be snaked with a sewer machine. You can rent one (at a local tool rental outlet)but hiring a drain cleaning service is usually not much more expensive and you won't have to deal with this rotten nasty job.

Do you have more questions?