Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am master plumber in New Jersey I have a problem with a…

I am master plumber...

I am master plumber in New Jersey I have a problem with a new American standard cadet toilet that slowly looses the water seal in the bowl within 5 days there is no leak from the toilet this toilet is on the second floor the is no other toilet installed back to back and it drains directly into the main stack I looked down the stack from the roof and the vent is clear and I can see the discharge when the toilet is flushed there is a toilet on the fist floor also the May have the same problem but the customer is not sure because the first floor toilet gets more use than the second floor American Standard did not have any good answer to this problem by the way all fixtures in the house are draining normally there are no stoppages can you help with this problem thank you Paul Klink

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

Pearl Wilson are you replying to my question? Paul Klink

Contractor's Assistant: No. I'm the Plumber's Assistant. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Who can answer my problem? Thank you Paul Klink

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What else do you want to know? Paul Klink

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/8/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, water will evaporate from the bowl over 5 days in most cases, sooner if there are pets drinking water from the toilet... is that a possibility here?

You can do a test, dip a few cups of water from the bowl from that toilet and a few others tell me if any of the good ones, or this bad one refill automatically. If not, evaporation is the most likely cause of the problem

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and mechanical/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business.

I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is a new toilet and the customer does not have any pets