Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a Western Pottery B872 / T8ULF-HP toilet tank that is

leaking. Don't see it at...
I have a Western Pottery B872 / T8ULF-HP toilet tank that is leaking. Don't see it at Lowe's or Home Depot. Is there another brand that I can use that matches up? Tried googling a "toilet tank" conversion chart and wasn't successful.
7/2/2017
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Western Pottery is an obscure brand. Chances are slim to none you'll find a replacement but is the tank cracked? where is is leaking from?

It is on the right side. A slow steady stream is coming around were the tank bolts to the seat. Best I can tell.

Ok then you can probably use a generic tank to bowl repair kit.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Fluidmaster-Tank-to-Bowl-Kit-15-Piece-10460X/202930566

You have to remove the tank then the donut gasket replaces the one on the threads on the flush valve where it sticks out of the bottom of the tank. Also replace the tank bolts putting a rubber washer under the head of the bolt before inserting it into the hole(s) in the bottom of the tank.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor