How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Rick Your Own Question
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 21984
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Western Pottery B872 / T8ULF-HP toilet tank that is

This answer was rated:

I have a Western Pottery B872 / T8ULF-HP toilet tank that is leaking. Don't see it at Lowe's or Home Depot. Is there another brand that I can use that matches up? Tried googling a "toilet tank" conversion chart and wasn't successful.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Western Pottery is an obscure brand. Chances are slim to none you'll find a replacement but is the tank cracked? where is is leaking from?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is on the right side. A slow steady stream is coming around were the tank bolts to the seat. Best I can tell.

Ok then you can probably use a generic tank to bowl repair kit.

You have to remove the tank then the donut gasket replaces the one on the threads on the flush valve where it sticks out of the bottom of the tank. Also replace the tank bolts putting a rubber washer under the head of the bolt before inserting it into the hole(s) in the bottom of the tank.

Rick and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you