Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

My mother in law shut off her water and went on vacation

Customer Question

My mother in law shut off her water and went on vacation Upon her return everything works except a shower upstairs Could this be air in her lines?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Just since she got back this week
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just need an idea what it is and if we need a plumbefr
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Any air in the lines would dissipate quickly once a faucet is opened. How many handles does the shower valve/faucet have? 1? 2? is it a tub/shower or shower only?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 faucet Shower only Water working in tub and sink in same bathroom
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Ok, 2 likely possibilities, 1 is a clogged shower head so try removing the head and see if you have any flow out of the shower arm with the head removed. If not then you probably have a defective cartridge (the working mechanism in the faucet) and it will likely need to be replaced. This is probably a job for a plumber.
There's a glitch with your account. If you want to talk please call customer service to iron it out.(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just verified that everything OK with payment method. I did update the security code.. Long time since I used this service and the code may have changed,
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

I can't help you with a payment issue. You need to contact customer sevice. The prompt for me to accept your call request has disappeared on my screen.
Did you see my last post? do you still want a call?