Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

Left my hose on all night now no water

Customer Question
Left my hose on all night now no water
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
6/11/2017
Plumber: Martin, Electrical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Martin, Electrical Engineer

Hi. can you tell me a bit more about the problem? Are you on a municipality utility or using a well?

Well water,deep well...left hose on woke up no water.shut off water to house coming out of tank, pressure only cane up to 10psi ..shut off the breaker to the pump for a little bit.. Pressure cane up to about 20psi, but can't get it back up to normal operating pressure.. Checked power to pressure switch and to pump its good 240volts ..what do u think is the issue
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 5 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Is everything off and the pump running?

I don't know

Turn all plumbing off and then go to the well head and put your hand on it to feel if it is running?

I checked I can't tell

What is the gauge saying?

Is the needle moving at all? Bouncing?

Very slowly moving up its atabout 35psi now

Leave everything off plumbing wise and give it about 10 minutes to see where it is

Yeah it was at 10psi and for about 30min I shut all power off at the breaker and then turn all power back on and it got up to 35psi .. are u saying leave power on just don't use any water?

Yes leave power on and leave water off everywhere. You ran your well dry and had air enter the system. Hopefully you have gained back the prime.

Okay, what is the pressure at now?

At 39psi

I think everything is going to be okay. I am sure you have air in the system, but it will get purged out. Do you know what your pressure switch cut in and cut out setting are?

I think 30 50 or 28 48... I don't remember but the switch was just replaced about a month ago and everything has been working fine.. until last night leaving the hose on

Okay, most likely 30-50. Let's get it to 50 and then turn on water until it drops to 28. Shut off water and see if it recovers back to 50. If so then it is all good

Any thing else you have questions about?

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber