Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Experience:  Licensed Master plumber with 40+ yrs. experience.
94766

I have a one-handle low arc pull-out Moen kitchen faucet

Customer Question

I have a one-handle low arc pull-out Moen kitchen faucet (model # CA87316C, I think). It leaks below the metal band on the hose beneath the nozzle. What can I do to fix it? My plumber says that Moen has a lifetime warranty and stands behind their products. He also encouraged me to ask you for a possible solution or replacement. Thank you for your help. (I have photos, if needed, but am not sure how to send them here.)
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It's been going on for at least four months. It leaks so badly that I have to keep a plastic tub under my sink to catch water that leaks down the hose. It also sprays onto the backsplash behind my sink and anything else near it. I have to "stand clear" whenever I use my sprayer. Not fun.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, I'll be happy to try. I'm generally pretty "handy".
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, what might I need to do and can I get a replacement? Will it be covered by warranty? I trust that I've identified the right model replacement that I need.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to contact Moen at 1-***-***-**** during regular business hours.