Marc
Marc, Plumber
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
50715266

What fill value and flapper should you replace on a Toto ST

Customer Question

What fill value and flapper should you replace on a Toto ST 7538
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For several months. Local plumber (AAA Auger) wanted $485 to replace 3 in house (all ST 7538) and they replaced with a Universal that value fill that hangs and the water keeps running. Ran for six hours yesterday before we noticed.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Water was running continously a lot of times after we flushed and we live in an area where there are water restrictions. It was using 11-30 gallons a hour all night!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Can't do to disabilities. i am calling AAA Auger back to resolve problem, but my brother, a plumber. in another state said they should have used Korky. If so which ones?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, what fill value and flapper (2 or 3 inch) should have been used?
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

That model number doesn't come up in the Toto data base. I agree with your brother that Korky is a good replacement. I can't tell you which flapper to use without a viable model number