Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am trying to install a drain saddle for my RO system,

Hi! I am...

Hi! I am trying to install a drain saddle for my RO system, however, my pipes are too thick. They are 2". Part of the pipes are 1 1/2" which fit the drain saddle dimension, but they are part of the garbage disposal p trap. Can i install it there?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

?

Contractor's Assistant: What confuses you?

I am trying to do an installation. This is not an ongoing problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. If needs be, I will request for a plumber. but, I am not seeing much space or options there.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can i sand you a photo?

5/6/2017
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You must install the saddle on the inlet to the trap. If you don't you'll get sewer gas/odor in the house. If your only option is the disposal drain that's ok. You need to loop the drain tubing as high as possible up under the countertop so drainage from the disposal doesn't wind up in te RO drain tubing or worse.

Yes the black pipe is the only place you can install the saddle.

Location A is where you need to install it. Anyplace else you get sewer odor in the house. Forget about the DW drain. DW's pump out under pressure. You don't want DW drain water in the RO drain or worse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you so much! I will do so and mount it up on the black piece location A. Have a great day!

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor