Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Well I think you may have just answered my question...I have…

Customer Question
Well I think you may...
Well I think you may have just answered my question...I have a 1987 Redman mobile home. Last night I started to smell this garlicky smell....only in half of house...not kitchen or laundry...just other side of living room where 2nd bath and 2 bedroom are. I had checked everything I could thonk of. Electrical...the furnace has been off for weeks now...just came in bathroom and then it dawned on me...sewer gas smell...should I just put some baking soda and white vinegar down it or some drain cleaner. Why wouldn't it have the vent you mentioned....??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/28/2017
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 1 year ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Garlic smells usually are from propane. I'd suggest a gas sniffer to be sure. If it is a sewer smell make sure all the traps have water in them. If you have auto vents then I'd suggest replacing any that are near the smell. It the auto vent's diaphragm is worn out it will no longer prevent sewer gas from entering the home.