WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience:  Journeyman Plumber/Estimator
6211579

I have a flush mate toilet. It continues to run and water is

I have a flush mate toilet. It continues to run and water is at the bottom of the tank. The entire tank apparatus is new so there shouldn't be any problem with it.

Hi. Can you review that video and tell me all what is shown is fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebwDL5Lb0I

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is the manufacturer video which I already saw. No expertise provided
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please refund my money.

My name is ***** ***** I am a plumber. Sorry about the previous guy. Would you like to continue with me or do you still want a refund?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sure. Let's give it a goMore infoWhen I drain the water out of the bottoms of the tank it stops running and flushes fine. I even checked for water after a couple of days and there was nothing there. Then all of a sudden there was an inch or so of water in there.

Just to be clear you have a pressure tank inside the porcelain tank correct? And the porcelain tank has water in it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Correct

You can either replace the pressure tank or switch to a non power assist toilet. A new toilet is cheaper. You have a leak in the pressure vessel. It's running because it can't build pressure due to the leak.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is a new one installed last week. The same problem was happening with the previous toiletDoubtful same problem happening with 2 systems.

The power assist toilet should not ever have water in the porcelain tank. The incoming water enters into the pressure of any and stays there. It has to have a leak in a seal That was an issue during assembly. There's no other way for water to get in the porcelain tank

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could it be in the connection to the water line? Isn't there a gasket there?

There is a gasket there, however it is outside of the porcelain tank on the left side. If it were leaking there you would have water on the outside of the tank on the floor.

Any other questions or concerns?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nope. Thanks. I'll call the tank company.

Good choice. They are easy to work with and will do the right thing. I'd appreciate a positive rating for helping you thank you for using JustAnswer and have a great day!

If you have nothing thing further it would me common courtesy to give me a positive rating

WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Experience: Journeyman Plumber/Estimator