How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marc Your Own Question
Marc, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 1126
Experience:  Plumbing heating & home maintenance contractor
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Marc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a special edition bathroom faucet/bowl with a leaky

Customer Question

I have a special edition bathroom faucet/bowl with a leaky faucet. Plumber says it a cartridge but says he can't find part. Need a master plumber in Chicago who knows what he's doing!
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It has been leaking a while but water has been turned off. It is in my tenants condo. Do we just need to replace a part??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No! I live in California. Condo is in Chicago Il. Can Kohler recommend someone there? Is this a standard part or some special one. The plumber who came says its the cartridge and he can't find the part but did not take it apart to identify the part.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: this sink was installed new in about 2006-7. I really want to get it fixed, I see similar bowls/designs on the Kohler online site so they are still making/selling them and must know what part we need. Can Kohler recommend a plumber in Chicago???
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

First let me be clear, you're on the Just Answer site. We don't sell or rep any product. If you call Kohler @ 800 4 KOHLER then can probably identify the part and get you a replacement. They don't usually make plumber referrals.